Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: DH and Marisol

  1. #21
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    jrtmom - I'm curious - why couldn't a girl like Marisol have a Communion dress like the AGOTs?

    And mom_to_an_american_girl - would I have to go to a Catholic bookstore to find that? I know where one is in Raleigh.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ April 05, 2005 04:58 PM: Message edited by: mollymom ]</font>

  2. #22
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by mollymom:
    jrtmom - I'm curious - why couldn't a girl like Marisol have a Communion dress like the AGOTs?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I didn't say "couldn't." I said wouldn't-- as in, "less likely"-- and that's because she's Latina and has grown up emersed in the Mexican-American culture of the US. Her communion dress would PROBABLY be more elaborate, but she COULD have the AG style if that's what she and her parents wanted. My Marisol, in my experience, is really a clothes horse, so she'd choose something more along the lines of a quincinera dress with slightly less lace-- and she'd do a lot of twirling that day for sure!

    Edited to add: Here is a picture I found that is pretty much what my mind's eye saw for Marisol.
    http://wings.buffalo.edu/AandL/Maece...s/ab661225.jpg

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ April 05, 2005 06:26 PM: Message edited by: jrtmom3274 ]</font>

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Kelli_AG_Girly's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2005
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well I am still a kid, as you all know, and I always have loved buying things myself. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ February 09, 2007 08:53 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

  4. #24
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    DH read all your posts and I think we have decided to give it to her for her communion. We will talk to her about the possibility of her selling out, etc. We will either have her pay us or put her money in the bank or some combination . I think my sister is already giving her the Memorable Moments Outfit and I think Marisol will look beautiful in it. Tori got to pick Molly out last year at AGP so she already has that experience.

    I'm probably more worried about my one niece than about Tori. It will be hard for her to see Tori with a new doll. We will make a big deal out of her getting to pick out Nellie herself in June. DH also let me buy an ebay fixer upper for the other niece. She is not as aware of the differences in our family and theirs and will be very happy with a OOAK doll. She likes to be different. She will get her in June too. We will let DD spend her trip money on outfits and/or accessories.

    Thanks for all the advice. We have 2 weeks to make our final decision.

    From what I gathered from the conversation the PS didn't say Marisol would be sold out but could be backordered soon. Those of you going to the convention can check it out for us!

  5. #25
    Inactive Member AGfan91's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2005
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If she really wants Marisol right away, then i would give her Marisol before her First Communion.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [/qb][/QUOTE] Her communion dress would PROBABLY be more elaborate, but she COULD have the AG style if that's what she and her parents wanted. My Marisol, in my experience, is really a clothes horse, so she'd choose something more along the lines of a quincinera dress with slightly less lace-- and she'd do a lot of twirling that day for sure!

    Edited to add: Here is a picture I found that is pretty much what my mind's eye saw for Marisol.
    http://wings.buffalo.edu/AandL/Maece...s/ab661225.jpg

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ April 05, 2005 06:26 PM: Message edited by: jrtmom3274 ]</font></font>[/QB][/QUOTE]

    OH YEAH - now I see what you're talking about. And you're probably right - although my Marisol has 3 other sisters and will have to settle...LOL...

    I see Mari as a big clothes girl too for some reason...

  7. #27
    Inactive Member gingerharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I never knew that AG made a first communion dress. Does anyone have a pic of it???

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Momof2agfans's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 4th, 2004
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Youngest DD got the Memorable Moments outfit for her first Communion last year. I checked into getting her the girl size dress to wear, but Sister said no, because it's an off-white color, not "pure white". Mollymom, I watched a Biography special on the Pope a few weeks before he died. I never knew the amount of things this great man did for peace, it blew me away. Oldest DD is pretty upset. When they went back to school Monday, that's all they talked about. They're going to Mass on Friday instead of the usual Wednesday this week.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm Jewish so I don't know anything about communions. Since your husband bought the doll, maybe your daughter can give the money to him, and he can either keep it or put in her college fund? Unless you want to use the $ to buy accessories, or maybe another doll? I'm not a parent, just coming up with suggestions. My mom used to buy me things and I would have to give her the money, unless it was a gift for something special. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

  10. #30
    Inactive Member schallerwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2004
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here is the link to the MM outfit. It's still available from American girl

    http://store.americangirl.com/pls/ag...groupid=425656

    Nann

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •